Dear Valued Partner:
We share the same goal: to help people get and stay healthy. We are your
partners in health care, and act to serve you and the millions of patients
who rely on us for their health care needs.
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, CVS Health and Aetna
are here to support you with timely answers and information. Through CVS
Health and Aetna's combined resources and your partnership, we can best
support your Aetna patients' health and well-being, ensure their access to
medication and remove barriers to care.
We're here to help you, help your patients and recently announced these
resources and enhancements when applicable:
* If you request testing related to COVID-19, *we'll waive your Aetna
patient's cost sharing.*
* *Aetna Commercial patients pay $0 for covered telemedicine visits*
until June 4, 2020.
* *Until further notice, Aetna is also expanding coverage of telemedicine
visits to its Aetna Medicare members*, so they can receive the care they
need from you without leaving their homes. *With this change* and new
flexibilities announced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
to help combat the virus, Aetna Medicare members can now see their providers
virtually via telephone or video.
* *Aetna is offering its Medicare Advantage brief virtual check-in and
remote evaluation benefits* to all Aetna Commercial members and waiving the
* *Care packages will be sent to Aetna patients diagnosed with
COVID-19*. Through Aetna's Healing Better program, Aetna Commercial and
Medicare Advantage members will receive CVS items to help relieve symptoms
as well as personal and household cleaning supplies to help keep others in
the home protected from potential exposure. *Call the number on your Aetna
patient's ID card to register a recently diagnosed patient*.
* *Patients won't have to pay a fee* for home delivery of
prescription medications from CVS Pharmacy®.
* *Aetna is extending its Medicare Advantage virtual evaluation and
monitoring visit benefit* to all Aetna members as a fully-covered benefit.
* *We're waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescription
maintenance* medications for all Commercial members with pharmacy benefits
administered through CVS Caremark.
* *Aetna Medicare members may request early refills on 90-day
prescription maintenance medications* at retail or mail pharmacies if
needed. For drugs on a specialty tier, we're waiving early refill limits for
a 30-day supply.
* Through existing care management programs, *Aetna will proactively
reach out to your patients* who are most at-risk for COVID-19.
Please refer to the *What You Need to Know About the
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Aetna Providers* -
FAQs on Aetna.com for
additional important information. There, you'll find information about codes
related to COVID-19 and selected labs approved to do COVID-19 testing. This
page will continually be updated with information as it becomes available
to help you care for your patients.
Let's work together to provide your patients with a clear path to care. Thank
you for your continued partnership.
SVP, Network Strategy and Provider Experience