Savanna Shepherd, PsyD
Dr. Shepherd is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who earned her doctoral degree from Marshall University in August of 2018. She completed her Pre-Doctoral Internship and Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Cherokee Health Systems in Knoxville, TN. She received training in integrated care, with a focus on health psychology. She also received training in outpatient psychotherapy, including individual and group therapy. Implementing evidence-based practices, primarily CBT, Dr. Shepherd offers treatment for individuals experiencing depression, anxiety disorders, chronic pain, and insomnia. Dr. Shepherd also provides treatment for addiction.
For new patients and referrals, please contact Behavioral Medicine Institute at (865) 264-2400.
Behavioral Medicine Institute
1128 E. Weisgarber Rd, Suite 210
Knoxville, TN 37909
1. What was your first real job?:
An assistant at a personal training studio.
2. What has been your favorite book and why?:
A recent favorite book of mine is Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
This book is an intriguing mystery that is a page-turner from the very beginning.
3. How do you describe your sense of humor?:
4. What's your current focus in your work?:
Cognitive-behavioral treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, chronic pain, and insomnia as well as treatment for addiction.
5. What kind of patient would you like to see more?:
Behavioral medicine-related concerns (i.e., chronic pain, insomnia, etc.).
6. What would you like KAPA to provide in the future?:
8. What guilty pleasure can you not live without?:
9. Name two people who have inspired you?:
Serena Williams and Dolly Parton. Both women have transcended their respective professions through their philanthropic efforts and have empowered many to strive toward their goals.
10. What’s one thing - either psychology related or not - you learned in the last month?:
A fun fact I recently learned is that more red pandas have been born in Knoxville Zoo than any other zoo in the world!